The AMRL Hitech City is being developed to create a sustainable and comprehensive industrial township of international standards. We envisage a self-sufficient industrial-cum-residential environment that ensures optimal business and industrial growth for diverse sectors, higher levels of national and global connectivity and residential and lifestyle amenities comparable with the best cities in the world. Combined with a conscious effort to nurture environment-friendly practices and promote ecological sustainability, the SEZ is slated to be India’s largest industrial zone.
The multi-product Free Trade Zone (FTZ) will harbour industrial estates along with residential facilities in keeping with the walk-to-work concept.
Easy access to free ports will help the Export Oriented Units (EOUs) grow extensively when compared withother EOUs across Export Processing Zones (EPZs) in India. The processing zone – comprising of industrial units in electronics and metallurgy, aerospace technologies and defence, solar, R&D and protoype development and the biotech industries, will be set up in one mammoth campus spread across 1,700 acres.
We will not only provide plug ‘n’ play spaces for starting up operations rightaway, but continue to scale expansions to meet the business growth of the respective organisations that invest in us.
Far reaching and reliable external infrastructure in the form of roads, railways, airports and sea-ports and a world-class communication network within the SEZ, will enable industries to connect and communicate with both, the national and global markets.
The project is being designed by Jurong Consultants, Singapore and marketed by Attivo.
- Economically viable investment – due to low cost of ownership and operations
- Land is available for long-term lease at competitive prices
- Technically skilled and competent manpower is available at low cost
- The temperate climate of Nanguneri makes living and working within the International Tech City a pleasurable experience
- Swift and easy connectivity ensured by the SEZ. For more details, please click here
- Tirunelveli district is also known as the Oxford of South India due to the presence of a large number of reputed educational institutions, including Engineering & Medical Colleges
- 100% FDI for the manufacturing sector
- Exemption of Customs Duty/Central Excise Duty on imports/domestic purchases of capital goods, raw materials, spares, consumables, etc. required for setting up the units
- Facility to realize and repatriate export proceeds within 12 months
- Exemption from industrial licensing requirement for items reserved for SSI sector
- Profits allowed to be repatriated freely without any dividend-balancing requirement
- In-house customs clearance for hassle-free operations
- Units entitled to reimbursement of Central Sales Tax on domestic purchases
- Domestic sales allowed on payment of duty, subject to import policy in force
- Single window clearances
- Investors entitled to enjoy benefits under special package of incentives in Southern Districts of Tamil Nadu
Strategically located and well-connected with the outside world, residents and employees at the SEZ can easily travel into and out of the SEZ, either by road, rail, airport or seaport.
On the other hand, weekend getaway options are aplenty and easily accessible for residents; you can choose from camping and trekking in the Western Ghats or opt for a historic tour to the temple town of Madurai.
The Tuticorin HiTech City is well-connected by National Highway 7 (NH7) to major cities and business locations including:
- Tuticorin Port (80 kms)
- Madurai (180 kms)
- Trivandrum (125 kms)
- Chennai (650 kms)
Strategically located and well-connected with the outside world, residents and employees at the SEZ can easily travel into and out of the SEZ.
A broad gauge railway line running from North to South passes through the eastern boundary of the Tuticorin SEZ and connects all major cities and towns, inland container depots and major ports across India.
2nd largest in TN & 4th largest container terminal in India, Tuticorin Port is just 80 kms to the east of the SEZ, offering it a superb logistical (and cost) advantage in accessing international markets. This port has a present capacity of 20.55 million tones and is located close to the East-West international sea route. Accredited with ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001:2004 certifications, its container terminals are operated by the Port of Singapore Authority – ensuring both, efficiency and quality.
It is also the only port in Southern India offering direct weekly container services to the USA, Europe, Red Sea ports, etc., with a daily container service to Colombo.
The Tuticorin Airport is 75 kms from the SEZ offering excellent air connectivity to Chennai, while the Madurai International airport, (2.5 hrs drive from Nanguneri) is connected with direct flights to Dubai and Colombo. Similarly, Trivandrum – the capital of Kerala, is the closest international airport (a mere 3 hours’ drive through NH7) while the Chennai International Airport – the third largest airport in the country, is 650 kms away and is accessible by NH7 & NH45.
Needless to say, the close presence of these airports ensures multiple-transit points for air travel and air-based logistics.
- A comprehensive road network system of 4/6 lane arterial roads covers the SEZ from one end to the other
- Intelligently built, this SEZ has world-class roadways designed with traffic sense to help transport navigation
- Compared with any other SEZ locations in India, the Tuticorin HiTech City is designed to utilize all the benefits of the SEZ zone, rather innovatively
Water & Sewerage
- Assured water supply through an exclusive 30 MLD TWAD Board Scheme
- Surface drainage facilities and sewerage collection and treatment systems designed with an international touch, help in effectively managing industrial and residential waste & effluents
- Development of rainwater harvesting systems and summer water storage facilities within the industrial zone and residential zone indicate our commitment towards eco-friendly practices
- A well-managed solid waste management system helps in safe disposal of waste without being an environmental hazard
Safety & Security Measures
- The Tuticorin HiTech City is equipped with relevant safety & security features, both in the industrial processing zone and the residential zone. To prevent unwanted intrusion or trespassing into the SEZ, appropriate fencing and boundary walls will be developed
- The main entrance will be guarded and entering or exiting the SEZ will be managed by competent security agencies
- Fire prevention and safety measures as prescribed internationally are placed in the industrial and residential zones to further enhance safety and serve as a precaution for any untoward accidents
- The presence of a state-of-the-art telecommunications network in the form of cellular network, wired telephone connectivity, internet and videotelecommunications systems, provided by different service providers, ensures smooth and fast communication with the outside world, offering on-call connectivity
- World-class telecommunications infrastructure for high-speed large-volume data transfer within 13 tbps bandwidth is available through 2 submarine cables
- Fibre connectivity and all value-added communication services are available on demand from seven service providers
- Living and working in the Tuticorin HiTech City offers residents the luxury of a well-defined lifestyle consisting of world-class residential facilities, comprehensive social support infrastructure and, at the same time, the quiet solitude and harmony of living in the lap of nature
- The residential areas will be built over 800 acres in the pristine and unpolluted atmosphere of the Western Ghats
- The SEZ offers unique advantages of seamlessly blending work and industrial activities with well-defined stylized living
- Well-manicured parks and gardens
- The pleasant and temperate climate of Nanguneri will help expatriates and their families to adjust better with the climatic conditions
- The AMRL SEZ offers residents a wide choice of housing options ranging from apartments to individual villas
- Schools, colleges and training centres located within and surrounding the SEZ assures the highest quality of education for children
- Other social infrastructure such as medical centres and hospitals, recreation centres, gymnasiums, swimming pools, banks, departmental stores, F&B outlets, hotels and travel services, and incubation office spaces will be located within the campus and in close vicinity of the SEZ
- Land – In Possession, Bonded and Notified
- SEZ – Notified by Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India
- JV Project with Tamil Nadu Industrial development Corporation
- Environment clearance received from MoEF and TNPCB
- Master Plan – Approved by Director, Town & Country Planning, GoTN
- GoI – Customs officer – 24×7 onsite
- Factories are operating and exporting more than Rs1.50 bn
The Attivo Education & Services City is offering a unique concept on an integrated education and services SEZ with opportunities for second homes, MICE & leisure hospitality and theme-based entertainment zones.
Strategically connected with Mumbai and Pune on both sides, the location of the SEZ makes it attractive for corporates who are looking at resorts for MICE or for individuals who are looking at buying a second home between the two cities. We present further opportunities for research development in two specific sectors – BioTech & IT/ITes. However, the latter would be focussed on 3D animation, e-learning, post production activities, visual effects and related services. This would ensure access to a large workforce base for the entertainment zones.
Residential hostels and educational institutions in collaboration with foreign universities are envisioned to be a part of the SEZ, besides residential hostels and high-end residential schools.
The leisure & hospitality sectors would include a golf course, a lavish indoor sports complex, outdoor sports arena and themed zones for meditation, nature, spirituality and wellness and a lifestyle and experience centre.
The Bharuch Petrochem & Chemical Economic Zone is strategically located in the Vilayat Industrial Estate which is 25 kms from Dahej, a hydrocarbon hub of India. The proximity to Dahej provides a ready market for petroleum, chemical and petrochem industries as global and national hydrocarbon, energy and petroleum majors are already present in Dahej.The estate will also share facilities like a chemical port terminal, tank farm, easy access to railways, an air strip and state-of-the art townships being developed at Dahej.
Large Industries such as Aditya Birla, Jubilant industries, Jayant Oil & Derivatives, a fully integrated producer of Castor Oil, Century Papers and Color Tex India have established their base in the region.
Given the regional industrial profile, the estate would be viable for chemical, petrochemical and water intensive industries, besides having the infrastructural advantage of close proximity to Ankaleshwar– a chemical hub, Dahej– a major port and the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC).
Located in the most prominent industrial belt of the region, Attivo Kolkata is poised to benefit from the already established iron and steel foundries in the region. Besides infrastructural advantages in terms of power back-up, treated water supply, close proximity to the Haldia Port and the NH 6 which links to Delhi and Mumbai, the industrial zone stands to benefit from the ready availability of specialised manpower. IIT Kharagpur is located 40 kms away from the site.
With a few automobile industries in Eastern India, West Bengal offers a good platform to expand in the East. Besides, the project has the full support of the local population and comprises little or no agricultural value. The strategic location of the zone offers easy access to other key markets in ASEAN countries like Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Bhutan & Myanmar.
Currently, detailed meetings with interested investors are in progress and customised facilities are being designed.